Sunday, March 30, 2008

All occasion card collection

These cards were easy! I just love those cute little flip flops from the Reminisce Toes in the Sand paper! I almost put some of them "walking" across the checkerboard tray (see post below) but I reined myself in!
.
My Marvy Uchida punch quickly created the windows. I used a word processor to print the sentiment for the inside of the cards on the flip side of the Toes in the Sand paper (it looks like sand!) then used that to line the inside of the cards. I fussy cut the flip flops and positioned them so that they peek through the windows. (If you click on the picture, it will get bigger.)
.
The words on the front of each card were heat embossed. I am a self taught stamper, and I need to pick up a couple of tips on how to make sure the embossing powder is only where you want it to be...I had some stray bits on the front of the "destination" card which I masked with some extra black paint dots! Can you tell?
To each card, I added a bit of ribbon and a dimensional embellishment - charms are my favorite!
.
Try the Reminisce Coastal Passion papers to create some beach-themed all occasion cards of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment