Friday, March 28, 2008

Checkerboard or Serving Tray?

Actually, it's both! Using the beach themed papers from Reminisce in this month's Design Team kit made this project fun and easy. I used my Cricut to cut the (64) squares - boy do I love my bug! I am not sure if I was planning on using the words and icons from the Coastal Passion and Seaside Breeze papers to decorate the playing area from the beginning or not, but it became obvious it was needed. You know how when you start doing work on your house, you discover the walls are never really square? I ran into that when I was laying out the checkerboard pattern. Gaps. So I covered them up...and then I added a few more words and icons just for fun! (If you click on the picture, it will enlarge and make it easier to see.) A couple layers of Modge Podge later and, voila! a serving tray that doubles as a game board!

No comments:

Post a Comment