Sunday, March 23, 2008

Loved the Beach-y papers from Reminisce!

The Design Team kit this month was filled with fabulous beach-themed papers from the Reminisce Coastal Passion line. I wanted to post my March projects and share what I learned this month..so here we go...
My pages rarely go together quickly. I fiddle around, fix my mistakes, and am often surprised at the end. I really struggled with trying to get the chipboard shells to look "real". I don't have any official art training, but I pulled out my paints and started to play. After several attempts, I finally got the color I wanted, but the shells just looked so flat. So I started to bend the shells along the score lines and I made a discovery! All those layers of "not quite right" paint colors were going to save me! They started to show through, just like the layers of a real seashell show through as it gets pounded in the surf. So I pulled out my paper scuffers and went to work. I admit that nature does a better job of making seashells, but I am happy with my results.

I cut the title with my Cricut (Stamped cart) but thought it just blended into the background too much, so I mounted it on vellum before adhereing it to the page.
I wanted the shells on the Seashell Mosaic paper to stand out more so I used a product called Liquid Laminate (by Beacon) to make some of them shine!

The last thing I did was to tuck a journaling tag behind the top right picture. I cut some "ribbon" from paper and added a seashell brad from my stash.
This was such a fun day at the beach. We never find this many shells...and never this wide a variety! This was the perfect paper to help re-capture the memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment