Sunday, October 19, 2008

Method Playground Challenge 29 - Rub Ons

I have been peeking at all the fun challenges going on over at Method Playground for the past several months and I have finally decided to play along! The current challenge is to make a layout using rub-ons as the only embellishment. I had so much fun with the first one, I decided to go for two!The first one uses Heidi Swapp boy rub-ons and Heidi Swapp fuzzy crimson rub-ons (which I had never used before but I really love!). I did use a stamp for the journaling blocks - hope that doesn't break the rules! The pics are of my oldest son on the BMX track at Goshen Scout Reservation. We had a lot of rain at summer camp that year and the track was sooo muddy! He loved it!

The second layout uses some fall themed rub-ons I picked up at WalMart a couple of weeks ago. The packaging referred to them as "stickers", so I was surprised when I got them home and found out they were actually rub-ons. Thank goodness for this challenge or I might have returned them!! For the layout, I rubbed most of them directly onto the Basic Grey blue cardstock, but some of them went onto a rust-colored cardstock and got cut out. (I felt the layout needed a little "pop"!) The pic is a friend of my son on our annual trip the local pumpkin patch. It is one of my favorites because I just love the colors and the expression on his face.

This challenge was great because it got me to scrap these pics which have been sitting in a photo album since 2003. Thanks for the inspiration! I am looking forward to the next challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment