Sunday, May 24, 2009

Challenge Layout - Art Inspiration MDCSB31 and Glittered Embellies!

Do NOT adjust the color on your monitor! The colors on this layout are definitely wild!
This layout is the product of challenges from (2) blogs - Mothers & Daughters Creations and Method Playground.

I started with the challenge from Mothers and Daughters Creations:"Art Inspiration- MDCSB31." - I decided to be inspired by Andy Warhol and the prints he made of Marilyn Monroe in the 1960's. I took a recent picture of me into Photoshop and played with some of the settings and adjustment layers. The wild colors I ended up with were perfect with the Love Shack line from Bo Bunny. I have been wanting to do this for some time, with a picture of one of my kids instead of me, but never got around to it.

I actually used (2) challenges from Method Playground: Challenge 44 - Use decorative tape and Challenge 45 - Glittered Embellies.
The decorative tape challenge was actually from a couple of weeks ago, but the idea kept knocking around in my head. I had pulled out several reels of clear tape with designs on it (IOD and Scotch) and when I was working on this layout they turned out to be exactly what I needed.


The finishing touch on this layout was the Glittered "48" (Martha Stewart Glitter on chipboard). I think it really holds its own against all the bright colors.
Quote: "You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream." Les Brown
Journaling: "My goal - to start taking care of me - mentally, spiritually and physically! I'm a work in progress, but I have taken up reading again, I find tremendous joy in scrapbooking, and I have lost almost 50 pounds! I'm definitely no Marilyn Monroe but it is nice to know my husband thinks I'm cute @ 48."

I really love how this layout turned out - and that is the result of all 3 of these challenges - thanks for the inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Susie Q, I love this layout...you are such and inspiration...you always have something up your sleeve now dont you :)

    Love you know who!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Thanks for playing along with us :)

    ReplyDelete