Friday, May 29, 2009

Scuba Dive Mini-Book

I made this mini-book last summer for the DT at Scrapbooks Plus. I used a set of cardboard coasters for the base, and covered the front with this cool blue sparkle-y paper and some die cut dimensional stickers.Instead of leaving the binder ring bare, I stitched a sleeve for it out of a bright green ribbon that matched the die cut flippers on the front cover. I searched through my stash because I remembered buying these cute ocean themed charms some time ago. I had initially intended to use them for wine glass charms, but I absolutely love them here!

I won't bore you with a page by page narration, but I will tell you that the papers are from the Crafters Workshop Flourishes, Dots and Circles line. The letter stickers are Making Memories.








.
I traced the wings from the Tim Holtz Elements Grungeboard pack, which is where I also got the little crown for the Queen Angelfish!
.
.
The crown was treated with some paint and Pearl Ex.
.
.
.
.
Here you can see that I echoed the circle patterns by creating dimensional elements - basically popping up detail pictures on stacks of cardstock - actually varying the height for a little more visual interest.



I think this green moray eel was smiling at me...




Yes, that really is (or was) a shark! I am not usually nervous about them, but we were actually passing through a "feeding arena" where they have a shark feeding show, and this guy swam straight towards me. I guess he realized that I had nothing for him, because he did veer off, but I must admit he had my full and complete attention!

I had a little fun with the back of the book. I created a flap using a Grungeboard hinge, which I painted and secured with brads.








Lift up on the tab, and you get one last peek at the shy Queen Angelfish hiding in the reef!

No comments:

Post a Comment