Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cuttlebug "Be Inspired" Challenge #34 - Basic Grey & Cuttlebug

I found a new challenge blog today, the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot. The challenge was to use your cuttlebug, Basic Grey paper and Core'dinations to create a project...most of the samples were cards, but I did spy one layout at the end, so I hope a layout is okay! I found this great pic of Ken on the beach in Bonaire, our last big dive trip and I was inspired... I dug through my stash and found some of my all time favorite Basic Grey paper, Ice Cream parlor from the Two Scoops line - it reminds me of the beach. I also searched through my stash and found 2 pieces of Core'dination cardstock from the Whitewash line - Cottage Porch and Washboard. Then I found my most recently acquired embossing folders and my cuttlebug and I was ready to play!

I ran the core'dinations through the cuttlebug and distressed the raised images to let the darker color show through, then I cut out the words I wanted to use.
.
.
To be completely honest...I initially made a mistake and ran the first piece of cardstock through backwards. No worries! I just took the blue pieces and ran them over a white ink pad to hightlight the words and put them in the mix. Serendipity! I added a tiny transparency frame from Hambly to highlight his smiling face - and then I was done with the layout for my strong, sweet, dear, kissable, happy, cute, fantastic, selfless, loving, big-hearted, wonderful, extraordinary guy!

2 comments:

  1. This is a very innovative way to use those folders, thank you so much for inspiring me with your fabulous techniques.
    Maggie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Truly an amazing way to utilize those folders from Cuttlebug.

    Hugs,
    Karen
    Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot

    ReplyDelete