Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sibling Revelry

Here is a very simple one page layout using a 4x6 print. I did a little fussy cutting on 2 beautiful papers (from Scenic Route) to integrate them.

Using my exacto knife I sliced most of the sun's rays along the bottom half of that paper. Then I trimmed out the wave paper and "married" the two of them, pulling forward a little ray of sunshine here and there. A couple of times I had to slice into the wave so that the "sunshine" would lay properly on the page.

I like to add dimension to most projects, so I found a chipboard swirl that reminded me of the waves printed on the paper. I painted the chipboard green and then pulled out my Pearl Ex to try a slightly different technique using Future floor polish! I filled a Waterbrush with Future and used it to apply the Pearl Ex. I also painted in some shimmery details on the fishies I had cut out. Once it had dried, there was no need to seal these items with acrylic spray to keep the Pearl Ex from rubbing off. Love it! A couple of pop dots for dimension...Done!

Now the bottom of the page was finished and the top half needed some more "weight". I had a die cut of a sun, but it really didn't work, so I used my scissors and trimmed out the thin outline of the sun that was left on the diecut paper (I love to squeeze every little bit out of my kit!). I added a little Pearl Ex...and it looked good, but still not quite right. Soooo I dug into my stash and found some sunshine yellow mulberry paper with a gold paisley pattern. Perfect! I adhered the mulberry paper and the sun outline with Memory Mount.

The final touch was the title which I ended up printing from my word processor. I tried to add a tag for journaling several times but I just couldn't find a spot that made me happy. In retrospect, I think I could have made the sun into a flap, and journaled behind it. There really wasn't much I wanted to add - this was one of those rare moments when they were all together and happy and not bickering - so "Sibling Revelry" really says it all for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment