Monday, September 7, 2009

A Glass of Wine & A Good Book

This is one of the fastest layouts I have put together in a long time! I wanted to use the cool journaling books that Debbie has at Scrapbooks Plus - I chose the Wine Journal and the Readng Journal. The "torn out paper" look is so popular right now that I didn't feel the need to trim the pages, I just added a little ink around the edges. The paper and die cuts are Andrea Victoria from MME. I created a shadow for the die cut strip by tracing it on black cardstock (using a white gel pen so I could see the lines to cut!).The die cut frame along the outside is a leftover from one I cut on the Accu-cut at the store. My friend Sarah has excellent penmanship, so I asked her to hand write my title. Thanks Sarah!

I shot the photo on my neighbor's deck. I just knew the late afternoon light would be perfect, so Louise accomodated my last minute photo shoot and helped me rearrange her patio furniture and plants. Afterwards, we watched a "chick flick" and finished off the bottle of wine!

A totally satisfying scrapbooking experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment