Friday, September 25, 2009

In The House - October

I have been playing around with this idea for more than a year...I found this really cool house-shaped shadow box last fall and as a DT member over at Scrapbooks Plus, I needed to create an altered item every month, in addition to our card and pages, and this looked promising. The idea is to create the shadow box as a home decor item, but when the month is over, the elements come out and go directly onto a pre-designed 2 page layout. I recently found the time and the right paper to inspire me, and it turned out really cute! I used my Cricut to cut most of the embellishments and paper is from MME, BoBunny, Martha Steward, Bazzill and Co'ordinations. I have turned it into a class I will be offering in October, and then will create a new design each month.
I have to laugh though. It is definitely Murphy's Law. As soon as I got it finished, I found out that the store that carried the shadow box has discontinued it! Oh, I can order directly from the manufacturer...if I need 2000! Anyway, I had already ordered enough for my class, so we are good to go!
I thought this would make a really great gift, too. You could keep the house to enjoy yourself and then share the pages with somebody special every month...okay, you could give away the house, too...but I am keeping mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment