Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Time with Jillibean Soup

Fall at the Pumpkin Patch! We have gone to Cox Farms every year since 1997...maybe a year or 2 longer than that. One of our favorite things to do is to feed the goats - I love this series of pics with Paul so I used them to create my 2 page layout this month for Scrapbooks Plus: All the products on this layout are from Jillibean Soup. I love the names of the papers: Roasted Pumpkin and Curry Powder. I did use some Bazzill cardstock as the base, although I couldn't tell you for sure what color it was - if anybody wants to know I will look it up.
.
It was fun to spread the story across the pages by sprinkling around the little Journaling Sprouts, varying the size and shape of the boxes, but treating the edges with the same ink to tie them together.

I used my Base Camp Cricut cart to cut out an extra large "P" on the reverse of some of the kraft paper and pulled out my paper crimper to coordinate it with the corrugated alpha - which I believe is my favorite scrappin' product this month! I inked and heat embossed some of the letters with green - the remainder I inked with dark brown. They do pop off the page a little better in person!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It was still looking just a little too monochromatic, so I added in some accent pieces from the Chopped Parsley. The felt flowers (Bean Seeds in Jillibean Soup lingo) added some much needed *pops* of color.

Here's the Susie Bentz Tip of the Day: Using your Creative Memories 1.5" circle punch you can center it over each of the circular graphics on the Chopped Parsley paper and get a nice clean design - you do have to exclude the outermost ring of the design, but...

...just LOOK at the cool trim you can make out of it with a little scissor action! I *love* the lace-like effect!! I haven't used it on a layout yet, but maybe next week. (and yes, I did stretch my paper by cutting those circles in half before sliding the edge under the pics or paper.)

No comments:

Post a Comment