Friday, November 27, 2009

Sneak Peek - Happy Trails

My new favorite challenge Blog is Stuck On U Sketches. The latest challenge is this page map...
...and this is my version: I really struggled with the best way to make the heart shape. I ended up using vellum, which I heat embossed with a leafy branch pattern that matches one of the background papers.

The title was cut with the Cricut Stone Script cartridge.








.
In the lower right corner, the page map shows text. I turned a Jenni Bowlin mini calendar card into a journaling block. I traced it and adhered the matching shape only to the top edge. I scored it along the top of the calendar design and creased it so it would be easy to lift the flap.

The buttons on the Prima flowers are from my stash - which came from my mother's and my grandmother's button boxes, so they are very special to me. I have quite a nice collection because they used to cut the buttons off of clothes before they went into the "rag bag"...nothing was wasted.



Last little thing to see is the dimension I always have to add to my projects. Pop dots are my best friends!
.
.
.
This layout used the Scrapbooks Plus Design Team kit for December featuring the WinterSong papers from SEI. Even though this is the perfect kit for winter and snow layouts, it turns out it was also the perfect kit for my pictures from an October walk through the woods!

1 comment:

  1. Susie, your layout is awesome. Adore how you did your heart shape with the vellum and embossing. Great idea! So glad you joined us this week and hope to see you back! We are doing tutorials in December and it should be fun!

    ReplyDelete