Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Visit with Santa...

...deserves a special page to commemorate the event. This month's papers from SEI were perfect for the occasion!
Some of the packages are epoxy stickers from SEI, and some I actually trimmed out from the Christmas Tree paper - they would have been covered up by the embossed red velvet paper.
Serendipity played a part in the layout - do you notice how the largest branch of the tree connects to a swirl on the red velvet? Love it! I wish I could say I had planned it...

I was actually thinking about putting a picture in the oval element on the tree, when I realized I had picked up the perfect Santa sticker the last time I was at Scrapbooks Plus. I wasn't sure why I needed this sticker, I just knew it was beautiful. I am so glad I had it because it worked perfectly here!



I used my Cricut and the Design Studio Software to cut the title. The "S" and the swirl are from Storybook, but the rest of the letters are from Base Camp. The little dots on the letters in red and white are just little dots of acrylic paint. I applied them with the wrong end of the paintbrush - I used a toothpick for the tiny dots.
.
This layout is kind of like a present, in that you have to open it to really appreciate it - surprise! You know I take tons of pictures. It is a very rare occurence for me to do a layout with only one photograph. I loved the series of Paul having his chat with Santa and had to include all 3. The only place I was able to include Brian was that shot of his back as he listens to a reading of the Grinch! I printed the journaling on vellum so I could still see the fancy foiled swirls. I added little bows tied with embroidery floss on the packages at the top...because too much is never enough!
For details on how to create the foldover page, check out my post at Scrapbooks Plus on Dec.23rd.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment