Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bath Time Inspiration

I am not a chronological scrapper...I will never be "caught up"...and I am at peace with that. I have 3 children and I didn't start scrapping until the youngest was 8 years old. There are just too many exciting events going on in their lives right now (16, 14, 12) and the backlog of pictures is humongous, so from time to time I go back and pick some special moments from the past that bring back great memories. As I was flipping through my photo albums I came across these pictures of my boys from 14 years ago and I knew I had found my inspiration. Bath Time was always such a fun and relaxing ritual every evening...and as soon as it was done, I could pass them off to Daddy for bedtime stories!I had fun with some techniques, first embossing the "B" with my Cuttlebug - the "Spots and Dots" folder from Provocraft reminded me of bubbles. Then I decided to heat emboss it to add some shine! The "bubbles" floating across the page are clear acrylic stickers I had picked up from JoAnne's and had sitting in my stash for just the right project - and here it was!

I actually used this layout as one of my submissions for a DT call at Reminisce, and almost all of the elements are from that company, however, the blue cardstock in the background is from Co'ordinations. The Wrestling Layout in the previous post was also one of my submissions. I didn't find out about the contest until the last few days, so I am happy with what I was able to produce. I did not make the cut for the DT this year, but I am proud to say I did garner an "Honorable Mention" on the blog! Maybe next year!

1 comment:

  1. Next year, when you have a little more notice (and time to prepare), I'm sure you will make it through! I love both of your submissions. Congratulations on an "honorable mention"!

    ReplyDelete