Friday, January 8, 2010

circa December 1964

I am the happy and proud caretaker of the family slides. I have a goal of transferring them all to digital within a reasonable amount of time. Things are not going too well in that area. I printed this 8x10 almost a year ago. I wanted to see how large I could print and still expect a good image quality. Anyway, I had this print sitting around, waiting to be scrapped, when I received the January DT kit from Scrapbooks Plus with the Man About Town II collection from Upsy Daisy Designs. Because of the warm colors and the fabulous vintage feel of the papers, I immediately thought of this picture: A classic Madden family photo, circa December 1964. The picture of the deer in the background and the green faux leather (vinyl!) couch are icons in my mind.

With all the lovely browns, this page came together very quickly. I cut the title with my Cricut (Base Camp). Some of the letters are popped up, some are not. Some are popped up with their "shadow", some are popped up on top of the "shadow". All of the edges are inked. I added a small silver charm of a deer with antlers, and tied it with a tiny bow.

I think I am going to use it as the opening page in a family album...made from the slides...to give to my mother. Wow! Wish me luck. I think I just made a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment