Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kaisercraft Design Team

This is my submission for the Kaisercraft Design Team.  The following projects are made almost exclusively with their products and are for the first round of consideration. They requested projects in a variety of categories, but I thought I would start with Scrapbooking Layouts first! 
The Jungle Bug Collection was tucked away in the "Boy" section at my local scrapbook store, but I thought it was perfect to document my daughter's encounter with the "17 year Swarm" of cicadas.  The title was cut with my Cricut and the journaling tag gets tucked out of sight so that just the snail peeks out!
Splash Puddle PS102, Tropic Tangle P515, Grubby Gala P518


At Christmas I always send my sister a cooking-themed ornament, so when I saw the 6.5" x 6.5" paper pad  from
Nan's Favourites  I scooped it up and used it to make my own mini-tree! 
Shortbread P610, Apple Pie P611, Lemon Slice P615, Jam Drop Die Cut PS134, 6.5” x 6.5” Paper Pad PP836



My sewing machine is in the shop for repairs, but I pulled out my DMC floss and stitched the title and the small trees in the lower left of the layout.


These papers from the Seaside Collection worked perfectly for my honeymoon pictures!  I fussy cut the hibiscus to create a "lei" on the left page and I used my Cricut to cut out the palm trees.  The pineapple tag on the bottom right came off a Hawaiian shirt we bought.  I am going to let my husband fill in the journaling tickets.
Sea Breeze P594, Summer Days - Die Cut with gloss PS128, Printed Tickets EM941

 
I actually created this layout from leftovers a friend had after she made a mini-book with the 'Tis the Season 6.5" x 6.5" paper pad.   Our Christmas tree always had so many traditions revolving around it, I added the Kaisercraft Small Flourish Tree to underscore its importance.
6.5” x 6.5” Paper pad PP830, Wood Flourish Small Flourish Tree FL312, Journal Tags JT606

The next category for the Design Team Call  is Cards.  I used the small paper pad from the English Rose Collection to create my new favorite, the Never Ending Card.  They are absolutely addictive and impossible to put down.  I laid out the four panels and numbered them so you can see the correct sequence:



On panel #2, there is a space to write a personal note at the top, and you can even tuck a little photograph under the ribbon on the bottom.  On panel #4 there is a place to sign your card.
English Rose Charlotte P602, 6.5” x 6.5” Paper pad PP835


My submission in the Papercraft section is another one of my favorite things to make, an Exploding Box.  I used the After Five Collection to create a wedding- themed box you can fill with pictures, advice, gift cards, or memories:
I paired a few of the Coconut Paper Blooms with a framed quote to decorate the top of the box.  I used Glimmer Mist on the frame and then gently sanded to reveal the details.

The die cut journal tags from this collection are beautiful.  I adhered them back to back, added some ribbon and... Voila! The perfect inserts for all the pockets.
After Five Collection: Paper Blooms Coconut F627, Curtsy P584, Top Hat P587,
Cocktail P583, Cufflinks P589, Journal Tags JT609


The second layer of pockets were decorated with Rhinestones and the edge strips from the Cocktail paper. 
(I *love* the edge strips!)  I also inserted some journaling tags in thes pockets.
For my Mini-Album I used the Class of '87 collection:
The illustration on this tag reminded me of the old Fun with Dick and Jane books from my childhood...and led me to the perfect title!  I cut the front and back cover out of heavy chipboard and paired it with the Tabbed Journal from Kaisercrafts Beyond the Page.  I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the cardstock for the front of the album.
Class of 87 Sports Day P621, Class of 87 Paper Pad 6.5” x 6.5” , Tabbed Journal SB120,
Embellishment Pack Report Cards EM958, Embellishment Pack EM959






I used the 6.5" x 6.5" paper pad for this mini-album along with the Report Card Embellishment Pack & the File Folder embellishment Pack.  I used the plain ruled paper on the last page and plan to add lots of details, stories and names!
Next up are the Home Dec items:

I primarily used the English Rose Collection to decorate this Beyond the Page Clock.  I dry-brushed the frame with a cream acrylic paint.
English Rose Pearl P601, 6.5” x 6.5” Paper pad PP835, Wood Flourish Fairy Castle FL338, Wood Flourish Funky Butterflies FL342,
Frame Clock SB166, Kaisercraft Digital Sugar & Spice Photoshop Brushes, Rhinestones Hot Pink SB702, Pearl Brad latte EM931


I used the Kaisercraft Digital Sugar & Spice Photoshop Brush set and printed the elements on the Pearl paper.  I love to use glitter and bling...but I have a pretty light hand.  Mom always told me not to "gild the lily"! 
 
More fablous quotes from Kaisercraft Digital...the Monogram was cut with my Cricut then I fussy cut the small rose and popped it!  I love to add charms, and the Latte brads make perfect flower centers
 
When I saw this quote from the Kaisercraft Sugar & Spice Brush Set, I knew I had to add the Fairy Castle Flourish.  A little more bling with Hot Pink Rhinestones...and my favorite part of the whole piece...my daughter's chubby foot peeking out of its own little frame!
 
Baby Shower is the paper from The Lullaby Collection which is designed to fit in the 9 Frame Photo Display.  
Baby Shower Photo Display P650, 6.5” x 6.5” Paper Pad PP841, Pram Wood Flourish FL348,
Paper Blooms F627 Coconut, Pearl Flourish Classic - Latte PL512, Nine Frame Photo Display SB2092



I *love* the edge strips with the journaling.  They really are perfect.  The tickets are my own design.  I printed them on kraft paper to tie in the color of the frame, which I wanted to leave plain.  Blue and brown is one of my favorite color combinations.

This simple mini-album is removeable - I used a velcro dot to hold it in place! 
The "boy" tab is from the 6.5" x 6.5" Paper Pad. 

The Pram Wooden Flourish is perfect to add a little more dimension...once I dressed it up with a simple button.  More of the much beloved edge strips...and the perfect finishing touch to this frame...the Pearl Flourish Classic in Latte.


The tags and borders came from the 6.5" x 6.5" paper pad...and another of my custom tickets.
The final category in the submission is Mixed Media/Altered Art.  I have always wanted to make a canvas, so with a little encouragement and some great tips from a girlfriend (thanks Karen!) I produced something I really love:

I love being able to make this as dimensional as I want and not having to worry about what will get crushed in a scrapbook album. I even like the curling of the pictures.  A little Stazon, a little Mod Podge, and travel-themed stamps from my stash!  Fun!  I think I am hooked!
English Rose Frieda P600, Chanteuse Staccato P638, Timeless Script P656, Timeless World Map P657,

Up, Up & Away Sideshow P542, Up, Up & Away Rollercoaster P543, Pearl Brad latte EM931, Pearl Flourish Classic - Latte PL512

 Thank you for taking the time to look at my submission.  Best of luck to everyone!

8 comments:

  1. lovely submissions Susie... goddluck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What super sweet Kaisercraft projects and I love the little wood castle on your beautiful LO! Good luck and thanks for your sweet comment on my project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love your exploding box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work - best of luck with your application - I love the canvas and thanks so much for visiting my blog.
    Regards - Lowri

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome, great job! Love how the canvas turned out_it is all you baby!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! Love each and every project! Lots of luck with your application!

    ReplyDelete