Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day with Echo Park

I fell in love with the For the Record line of papers from Echo Park.  I had just picked up this rubber stamp with the definition of mother on it, and I knew they needed to go together!

This is the front of a Joy-Fold card.  I love making them because they offer several surface areas and one of my favorite things to do is to mix patterned paper.  The top element slips out from behind the large black brad on the bottom left and opens to the right.

Paper:  Echo Park For the Record: FTR12015 AlphaStickers F, FTR12013 Noteworthy, FTR12009 Picket Fence, FTR12008 Lace Stripes, FTR12002 Fancy Floral. 
American Crafts: brads.   Dymo: plastic label tape  Inkadoo: Rubber Stamp  Stazon: Ink
 
This is the inside of the card.  Plenty of room to add a personal note and signature.
This is a picture of my mom traveling in Europe with Daddy in 1952...a cafe in Belgium, I believe.
I loved using the stickers from the alpha sheet to add journaling!

American Crafts: brads. Dymo: plastic label tape Inkadoo: Rubber Stamp Stazon: Ink


 
This card, which is sized to fit a standard #10 envelope,  reminds me of a scrap quilt.  I wrinkled, inked and generally distressed the yellow background paper. The black "lace" on the left edge of the card is actually from the Alpha Sticker sheet, as is the "hello" tab on the top of the card.

The focal element "mother", was cut on my Cricut.  I used the Cricut Design Studio to weld the words and to size the box so the stamped element would have a nice frame.

Paper: Echo Park For the Record: FTR12015 AlphaStickers F, FTR12013 Noteworthy, FTR12009 Picket Fence, FTR12008 Lace Stripes, FTR12002 Fancy Floral.  Inkadoo: Rubber Stamp Stazon: Ink   Cricut:  Base Camp cartridge


 I also designed a 2 page layout as a Make-N-Take for Scrapbooks Plus using this paper line - see the same "mother" element being used as part of the title?   I added a few stickers from the This & That Line from Lily Bee Design.  Since the layout is on display at the store, I will wait and add the journaling after it comes home.
Paper:  Echo Park FTR12011 Stamp Of Approval, FTR12013 Noteworthy, FTR12015 AlphaStickers F
Stickers:  Lily Bee Designs This & That Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment