Thursday, June 9, 2011

Butterscotch Loves the SpringTime...

I'm always up for a sketch challenge...this one is from StuckOnUSketches:


Such a lovely sketch...so many elements...I ended up simplifying the background a bit and I replaced the bird in the upper right with another winged element...a pair of butterflies!  Here is my take on it:

Of course I used my Embellie Gellie from ScraPerfect to place the rhinestones and pearls along the border strip.  I was also very pleased with how the embossed journal tag turned out.  I used the Perfect Crafting Pouch to make sure the stamped and embossed images were crisp and clean...and then again so I could easily write on top of the embossing! Details and pictures can be found on the ScraPerfect blog.

Stuck On U Sketches has switched to a bi-monthly challenge for the summer months.  Be sure to drop by over there...the talent is HUGE!

5 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaw. what a cute little furball you got there.. I had one for almost 4 yrs and she passed away :(
    but Loved your take on our sketch!! The greenery and photos are fantastic..
    Thnx for joining us girls over at Stuck On U Sketches this week..hope to see you again soon..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Susie!! Love the spring colors and I really like the way you did the letters in your title!! Beautiful butterflies, too!! Butterscotch is such a cutie/sweetie!!! Thanks or playing along with us over at Stuck On U Sketches!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really gorgeous layout Susie. love your take on the sketch, great colours. Thanks for playing along at Stuck on U Sketches. Love Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. I love this take on the sketch, and those pictures are just the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susie, your creations are gorgeous. I'm Stacey the girl that owns Spellbinders. I saw your post on split coast stampers about wanting to possibly teach the advent calendar. Can you email me at staceycaron@Spellbinders.us.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete