Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thank Ewe card

SplitCoast Stampers offers a variety of challenges every week to get your creative juices going.  On Mondays, one of the regular challenges is for a Clean And Simple (CAS) card.  A few weeks ago the theme was for a play on words.  I borrowed a friend's stamp (have to check with her on the manufacturer)  and came up with this sweet little card. 
 
I used  my square Nestabilities to cut the window opening in the white cardstock then embossed it with a swirly embossing folder. I quickly prepped the white remnant with a swipe of my Perfect Crafting Pouch to make sure I got a crisp image, then I stamped in the center.  It was easy to cut and emboss with a smaller square Nestability.  I stamped the image a second time, cut out the ewe's face and layered it on top of the original image with a dimensional glue spots made with The Best Glue Ever.  I finished it off by adding a bow and adhering it all to the front of the card.

NOTE:  I always have a fresh supply of home-made glue spots.  I use them all the time, so I just replenish them every night.  I keep them on my scrap table on my Inkssentials - Reusable Non Stick Craft Sheet by Ranger.

Whew!  I think it took longer to make this post than it did to make the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment