Thursday, September 8, 2011

"No Limits" to what I will try...

I had a partial set of dominoes lying around so I decided to try a craft I had seen while blog hopping – altering dominoes. I started by applying some Ranger Alcohol Inks to the surface and the sides. I treated the surface with my Perfect Crafting Pouch and used Stazon black ink to stamp a sentiment in the lower right, and then I swiped the surface with my Perfect Cleaning Cloth to remove any residue.


A friend had gifted me a lovely butterfly charm, so I snipped off the loop and used my Embellie Gellie and The Best Glue Ever to add some rhinestone *bling* to create the body.

In my stash, I found some tiny butterfly-shaped rhinestones that I used to decorate the wings. They actually came with adhesive but I removed it and used The Best Glue Ever to attach them.

I applied a couple of coats of Mod Podge to the domino. After it was dry I adhered the charm and voila – my first altered domino!
I have not yet decided what I am going to do with it. I have seen them used as jewelry, magnets and Keychain fobs. I am leaning toward creating a framed art collage using several dominoes. That way I can try out different techniques – so be sure to check back for more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment