Friday, November 25, 2011

Another Snow Baby!

I just love Jillibean Soup!  It is so easy to work with that this layout almost created itself!

I love mixing different alphas to create the title and the journaling.

The only tricky part was that I wanted to add some detail to the sweet little mittens that run across the bottom of the pages…and I kept dropping the beads and sequins!  Duh!  I pulled out my Embellie Gellie and easily picked up each piece and added a dot of The Best Glue Ever.  I waited a minute for the glue to get tacky then I simply touched it to the page and it stayed exactly where I wanted it to stay!  See how I was able to position the little red “cherries” so perfectly? 
And  the teeny-tiny gold star sequins really light up those little Christmas Trees, don’t you agree?
 
I added one last detail to the bottom right of the layout: a small silver snowflake charm attached with baker's twine.
The layout is mostly red and white so I reached for the Maraschino twine from The Twinery.  It looked good but  I thought it was a little too bright so I pulled out some of my tea-dyed twine.  The difference is very subtle but to me it made all the difference.  In the picture below I tried to show you both - the piece of twine in the center is the original and the two pieces on the outside are tea-dyed.
I really love the way this layout turned out - the difference was in the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment