Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Don't Peek!" Christmas Card

Here's my Christmas Card for the JustRite Christmas Linky Party:
 I used "Don't Peek" from the Tiny Words Set.  That is one of the most Christmas-y of sentiments, don't you think?

I used the "Dear Santa" embossing folder from Quickutz on red Core'dinations cardstock.  A little sanding, a little inking and the background was done.  One of my current favorite paper lines right now is Simple Stories and that is where I found the little tags which are included on the front of the card.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and then framed it with  an Ornate Plate from Tim Holtz. The decorative black edge strip along the bottom is courtesy of a Martha Stewart edge Punch!

The final touch was some tea-dyed baker's twine from The Twinery.  I love baker's twine but sometimes the white is just too bright for one of my projects.  That was the case here.  I originally pulled out the Maraschino Twine.  It just didn't work with the faded old-world feel of this card, so I dug into my tea-dyed stash - yes, I keep a stash.  I ended up choosing the Pink Sorbet - surprise! 

If you like this paper line, be sure to check out my blog post from October 28th.  It gives you a peek at the Christmas Blocks class I am teaching in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment