Monday, November 14, 2011

Yard Sale-ing with Paul

I was recently challenged to create a layout about the first signs of spring. My favorite sign of spring is a little unusual: the start of Yard Sale Season. In Northern Virginia it stretches from Easter until Halloween.  My favorite yard sale-ing buddy is my son, Paul.
ScraPerfect Perfect Crafting Pouch, Perfect Cleaning Cloth and The Best Glue Ever
Paper:  My Mind’s Eye, October Afternoon
Transparency: Simple Stories
Baker’s Twine:  Pink Paislee
Letter Stickers: Simple Stories, Cosmo Cricket
Journaling Blocks:  K & Company
Stamps:  Hampton Arts
Ink:  Stazon
To create the title block on the cloud paper, I marked the corners of a rectangle the size I wanted the opening to be and used a craft knife to cut the “x” shape connecting the corners diagonally.  I then rolled back each flap, using The Best Glue Ever to hold the coils in place (it dries very quickly!).  Next I pierced the paper every ¼” along the outside edges of the coils and lashed them in place with the Baker’s Twine.
 


I treated the transparency with The Perfect Crafting Pouch because it is great at keeping stamps from slipping on slick surfaces.  I then stamped the banner with Stazon Ink and swiped off the powdery residue with The Perfect Cleaning Cloth.  (I also used The Perfect Cleaning Cloth to wipe away the inevitable fingerprints you get when handling transparencies!) The tight control of The Best Glue Ever allowed me to place *tiny* dots of glue along the top of the banner so I could add another piece of twine.

The transparency was layered over the letter stickers with the rest of the title and then the entire assembly was placed behind the opening in the cloud paper – Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment