Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy "holly" Days Card - Merry Christmas!

This week's theme over at The Shabby Tea Room is "A Kraft-y Christmas" and we are supposed to create a project which includes kraft, red, silver,newsprint and a star.  Here is the inspiration  photo:

Don't you just love it?  I did too!  Here is my card:

It may be hard to see, but the mat behind the "holly" definition/newsprint is a highly reflective silver paper.  I created the red cardstock filigree around the edge of the card using the largest Fleur de Lis Squares die from Spellbinders.  I fussy cut and pieced the edge so that it looks like one continuous cut.  It is not hard, just takes a little patience.  I used Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One die to create the felt rose - click here to see the tutorial - and one of the dies from the Fleur de Lis  Pendant set to make the leaves.

The Maraschino baker's twine is from The Twinery.  The paper comes from My Mind's Eye, Teresa Collins, and Graphic 45 - three of my favorite companys!  The little star may be the most fun element to me...it was part of the tag I cut off of my son's new pair of Converse jeans - talk about recycling!

1 comment: