Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Santa Shaped Mini-Album

This project is so cute and easy you are going to love it!  This cute little Santa hangs on the tree and holds a mini-album of favorite family Christmas tree ornaments.

 It all begins with this Santa Shaped box of chipboard embellishments from K&Company...
EK Success K and Company Susan Winget Glad Tidings Toys and Presents ChipBox

Start by painting over the text in the belt buckle and the fur trim around Santa's jacket.  It may take a couple of coats of white paint to cover up the red lettering:
Cover the wording on the belt buckle. I used a paint pen from my stash and later added gold Stickles:

Next I covered the fur trimmed area with The Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect and sprinkled it with white flock.
 

Once it was dry, I took out my black sharpie marker and made little black spots to replicate the ermine look on the original design. To cover the acetate window I took some of the chipboard "packages" from inside the box, and arranged them in Santa's arms.  I adhered them with glue spots made with The Best Glue Ever.  I lined the inside of the box lid with a piece of red cardstock.

Inside the box, I made a quick accordion fold album. I created journal boxes for it by stamping on vellum.  I used the Perfect Crafting Pouch from ScraPerfect to prep the vellum for a crisp, no-smear image.
...then decorated the panels with pictures and chipboard embellies that came in the box!




 

This project comes together very quickly.  In fact, I made an extra one to give as a gift.  I know a lot of families add one new ornament to their tree each year - wouldn't this be a great way to document those special memories?

I also saw a Snowman-shaped box at the store that holds a chipboard alpha...maybe for next year?

1 comment: