Friday, December 16, 2011

"The stockings were hung..."

So I was back at my new favorite challenge blog, The Shabby Tea Room, to check out this week's challenge. We were asked to create a project inspired by this picture, and to make sure it includes a stocking.

 I sifted through my stash and found a really pretty winter-print vellum.  It reminded me of all the lovely greenery on top of the mantle.   The next addition was the requisite stocking, which  I stamped in brown, heat embossed, and attached with a brad.

I pulled out my ScorPal and replicated the diamond pattern from the stockings on some cardstock.

For the sentiment, I considered "Silent Night", but ended up going with "Peace on Earth".  I cut out the sentiment with a Classic Square Nestability, wrapped it with some ribbon and dangled a gold snowflake charm. This whole assembly was backed with another die cut from Spellbinders, the Fleur de Lis Square, and then popped off the card.

And now it is time for the big reveal:
I think it captures all the elements of the inspiration picture, don't you?

I am really enjoying playing along at The Shabby Tea Room.  This is the first time I have ever tried to create projects based on inspiration photos and it  is fun!  One of my favorite parts about it is that I am free to comb through my stash and use whatever I already own - so it is free!

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I love the sparkly stocking and how the charm compliments it. Thanks so much for joining us in the Tea Room this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful christmas card. Like the sparkly stocking and the colors.

    ReplyDelete