Sunday, December 4, 2011

Winter Inspired Canvas - Shabby Tea Room Challenge!

I was over at The Shabby Tea Room on Friday and found the most wonderful challenge - Create a project inspired by this picture and use cream or white, neutrals, silver and glitter:


I was inspired!  I  combed through my very healthy stash and decided to create a Winter-themed canvas that would let me use some pictures I took during Snowmageddon  in February of 2010!
I was very pleased with how it turned out - and the best part is that all of the materials I used came from my stash!! Here  are some close ups:
The bird die cut came from K&Company.  I sprayed it with Partridge in a Pear Tree Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels.  The wood sign is from Kaisercraft.  The metal alpha is from Making Memories.  All the paper is from DCWV.
I just learned how to do this fabulous origami fold!  The paper is from Recollections and it was embossed using a ProvoCraft folder.  I cut the felt for the flower using the Spiral Blossom One die from Spellbinders.  I used The Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect to attach all this dimensional loveliness - works like a dream!
The index Tab is from 7 Gypsies.  I used tiny dots of The Best Glue Ever to adhere the transparencies.  I hid them behind the design elements on the transparencies and waited for them to become glue spots before adhering them to the canvas.  Worked great - you can't see them at all!
The beautiful swirl is from Prima and the transparencies are from My Mind's Eye.
Scrabble pieces are my favorite way to title in a shadow box or on a canvas.  The lovely reindeer are from Kaisercraft and I  glittered them up with Antique Silver glitter from Martha Stewart.  The tissue tape is from Tim Holtz.
I am slipping in under the wire because I had to pick up my pictures from Costco.  I had them printed in Sepia and they work so well with the monochromatic theme.  Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I love all the little details here! So wish I could do layouts like this?? Thanks for sharing with us at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I love the glittery accents against the neutral background. Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! Well done.

    ReplyDelete