Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Purr-fect Halloween...


...in January?  Really?  Really!  I have told you before that I am not, and never have been, a chronological scrapper.  I work on whatever inspires me at the moment.  It does tend to be in sync with the season because those are the papers and products that are available, but sometimes I flip through a collection of project packets I put together for crops - paper, pictures, and embellishments - and find something there that gets the creative juices flowing!

Truth be told, I was working on a submission for the Spellbinders 2012 Design Team Call.  I am very excited (and more than a little shocked)  to have been selected as one of 40 "creative souls" to move on to the second round. They are all such talented paper crafters/artists it is humbling to be in their company - Good luck to everyone!

This layout is one that I did not submit, however, I am very happy with how it turned out so I wanted to share.  I decided I wanted to use more pictures - MC was so cute and had such fun that year and the pictures really do tell the story - so this ended up morphing into a 2 page layout:

You probably remember that I am a big fan of hidden journaling, so there is a pull-out tag behind the large picture on the far right.  I love being able to cut, emboss and stencil with Spellbinders' dies. I used chalk on the Jack O'Lanterns and then actually traced around each die on black cardstock to create a mat.
The papers are from My Mind's Eye.  The glitter is Martha Stewart's Fire Opal.  The Spellbinder Dies I used are listed (and linked!) below!
Labels Four
Jack O'Lanterns
Fleur de Lis Accents
Fleur de Lis Rectangles

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!  Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment