Monday, February 6, 2012

"Always" Easel Card

I created a valentine for my husband in some non-traditional colors using papers from Kaisercraft.  You can see I also used several of my Spellbinders dies!   
The focal image on the front of the card was created using the negative space left after I cut from the Holly Motifs set.
 I cut it out and embossed with Spellbinders Classic Squares before mounting it on Classic Scalloped Squares and stamping the sentiment.
 I also made full use of the Classic Postage Stamp Edgeabilities set.  The Edger cut and embossed the "perforated edge" strip I used across the front of the card.  One of the decorative inserts that came in the set created that beautiful line of circles on the strip.  The other decorative insert was used inside the card - see the floral design with the heart shaped petals?
It was perfect to tie in with the heart shaped padlock and key!  They were cut using an older die from Spellbinders called Timeless Heritage.  I used modelling paste and black glitter to highlight the embossed details:
 Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three and another of the Holly Motifs were used to create the filigree area where I will be signing the card with all my love!

Come back tomorrow and I will show you how I created the flowers on the front of the card using Spellbinders Impressibilities.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Susie! Very creative use of the dies...they look familiar, lol! Disappointing not to make the team, but there are so many talented people out there! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete