Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Flowers & Impressabilities

 Yesterday I showed you the valentine I made for my husband and promised to show you how I made the flowers.

The first step was to pull out my Paisley Impressabilities from Spellbinders.  It is a flexible metal template that can  be used to emboss, stencil, and letterpress your papers and cardstock.
Next I die cut a flower, spritzed it with water, scrunched it up a bit (that is a technical term) and left it to dry.  Here is a sample of some flowers that are pre- and post- "scrunch"!

I flattened it out and placed it with the right side facing the Impressability.  I spritzed it with some more water before I sent it through to be embossed.

Look at all the yummy detail! 

In addition to embossing, I mentioned you can also use the Impressabilities for stenciling.  I wanted to be able to see more of the design, so I laid the flower back down, carefully re-aligning the design, then generously pounced all over with gold ink:

I distressed the edges of the petals a bit with some brown ink...

..then placed it with the right side down on top of a mouse pad and proceeded to shape the petals by depressing them into the mouse pad.  I have seen people use special embossing tools for this. I used the back end of the tool that came with my I Kandee chalks.  It is a good size and nicely rounded so it doesn't tear the paper.

Almost done!  Just punch a hole in the center...

...insert a pearl brad and attach to your project!
  
 
Later I will show you how to use the modelling paste and the glitter!
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Wow your flowers turn out beautiful-now I have to run out & buy some impressibilities-I've never used them but I am excited!!! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing your method. It's clear that I desperately need an embossing/die cutting machine of some kind.

    ReplyDelete