Wednesday, February 29, 2012

...One of my favorite peeps!

The Challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays is to create a CAS card with a pun.  I decided to make an Easter card:
I started by embossing white cardstock with the "Journaling Card"  folder from Provocraft.  I added a strip of brightly patterned paper from my stash inside the left side embossed area, rounding the outer corners with my scissors.
 
The sentiment is from Studio G and is stamped with Stazon Black.

Next I stenciled the grass, flower, sky and "peep" with these cute Martha Stewart Stencils and my Pearlescent I-Kandee chalks from Pebbles.
I added the flower brads at the last minute and dotted in an eye for the "peep".

I really like the Martha Stewart stencils and plan to play with them a little more this week.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a great embossing folder! I love your card-it's darling and the panels are awesome :) Thanks for getting punny with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie, love your card..... That's such a great way to use the embossing folder, You've shown it to me in a new light !!!
    Sweet little chick and the perfect sentiment :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a SWEET design, Susie! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete