Friday, March 30, 2012

Fairy Magical Birthday card

My favorite card to make has got to be a tri-shutter card.  They are really easy and have a lot of  "Wow!" factor.  Here's a birthday card I made recently using Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Motifs as the backdrop to the focal image:
 I got the water-color effect by using my Tim Holtz Distress Inks by Ranger.  I started with Tattered Rose and pressed it on my mat then spritzed a little water next to it...
 ...I used a paint brush to mix it together...
...and then kind of swirled it on my paper until I liked the way it looked.  I added some Victorian Velvet in the same way.  I am no artist, but I do like the effect!
I stamped the images and sentiments on the paper once it had dried.  Then I used The Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect to put little glue spots where I intended to add rhinestones later.
Once the glue spots had dried and were clear and tacky, I used ScraPerfect's Embellie Gellie to add all those rhinestones.

It is a great tool to quickly and accurately place all kinds of tiny embellishments like rhinestones, sequins, beads, confetti and more!
Here is the finished card:
I found the tutorial for this card on Splitcoast Stampers.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card!! Love everything about it! We both made a Tri-Shutter card the same day! LOL! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete