Monday, March 19, 2012

Presto Change-o!

I really did not like the card I made last week for CAS-ual Fridays so I took the ticket elements and moved them to a new card. For the CAS card the sentiment had to be the focal point, so this version no longer qualifies, but it is definitely a better card:

The little girl stamp is from Technique Tuesday and is new to me, so I was itching to use her. She reminded me of one of the papers from the Graphic 45 School Days line, the one with the little girl skipping rope, so I decided she needed to match!  I painted her with my Distress Inks by stamping on my craft mat and adding a spritz of water...
...then I would mix it up with a paint brush and apply it.
Here's a tip:  I often stamp my focal image twice.  One for testing colors and the other for the actual project:
Ranger has a wide variety of Distress Ink colors to play with:  I used Broken China for her Dress, Wild Honey for her hair, Barn Door for her Shoes,  Tattered Rose for her skin tone, and finished it off with Tea Dye in the Background.  I could have added Peeled Paint to the grass, but I decided to really stick with the color scheme from the Graphic 45 paper. You can vary the intensity of the color very easily by adding more or less water.

The red strip element was cut, embossed, and stenciled using Spellbinder dies.  Check out their Edgeabilities!  I love the ability to mix and match the edges and the decorative inserts to get so many different looks. The Spellbinders web site offers lots of How-To videos on using their dies, and they have more than one that focuses on the Edgeabilities.  And I really love how little space they take up compared to punches!

I had a lot of fun re-making the card before I gave it to my friend, Karen.  So much fun, in fact, that I challenged Karen to take it apart and make it over in her own style...which is inky and eclectic and very different from mine.  I can hardly wait to see what she comes up with!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card! Love the way you colored the little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip on stamping twice...I don't trust myself so I probably stamp four times! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete