Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy National Scrabble Day!

Wednesday night I decided it was time to make another canvas.  The weather around here had been spring-like and blustery and I wanted to try to re-create that feeling.  I picked up some fabulous papers from Moxxie's Child's Play paper line and a couple of my new Spellbinders dies and I was ready to go!
 I created a sun for the canvas using a die from Spellbinders Persian Motifs.  I cut the center from  Moxxie's Playtime paper using Spellbinders Classic Circle Dies, applied some Mod Podge,inked the edges and popped it up with chipboard.  I like letting it hangout over the edge - that whole dimension thing!
Moxxie's It's a Breeze paper is covered with these colorful kites.  After I Mod Podged them on the canvas, I added some touches with a black micron pen.  I couldn't resist making it dimensional, so on went the polka dot ribbon and a "kite string"...

...made out of baker's twine which leads down to this little charmer.  The girls are from Technique Tuesday and I love them!  I don't know if you can see it, but I pierced the paper above and below her hand, threading the twine through it so that it looks like she is actually holding the kite string!
I am sure you noticed the washi tapes.  They are so cool, but they don't stick very well.  I fixed them with with some glue spots made with The Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect.  Next up is a daisy made with modeling paste & a stencil, then colored with Distress Inks from Ranger.  The micron pen came out again to add some detail!

No way I could talk about a "blustery day" and not somehow bring in Winnie the Pooh!  This **perfect** quote is a rub on from Fancy Pants. (Note: The 2 stamped girls and the quote - all about my girlfriend and I.)

And finally, the "scrabble" letter tiles at the bottom of the canvas.  They are cut, embossed and stenciled using my new favorite die set from Spellbinders - Mix'd Media Playtime.  The dies were designed by Donna Salazaar and are fabulous!  I think I need an entire alphabet made in this design!
The bike image is from Moxxie's Let's Ride paper. This is another perfect element for me because I have knocked the dust off of my bike and my friend and I have been seen pedalling around the area!

So that's it.  I didn't have a specific design when I started.  I just had an idea what papers and elements I wanted to incorporate and then I just dove in.  I like it so much I think I am going to make a companion canvas!  (oooh...did you hear the gears in my mind just start turning?)

Thanks for stopping by!    Susie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susie. Your project is very creative with lots of fun details. ;D

    ReplyDelete