Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Favorite Peeps!

Scrapbooks & Cards Today is celebrating their 6th Birthday - Woot! Woot!
As part of that celebration they issued a challenge to play along with Becky Fleck to create a layout based on this sketch (or pretty much any of her sketches!):
 


Here is my take:
 You can see I stayed pretty true to the sketch, but I did swap in 3 wallets in place of the (2) 3.5" square photos. I kept the white edges on the center photo and placed it on top of the red patterned strip to give it more weight.  Here's a close up of my favorite little embellishment:
I hand cut an "egg" for this little guy to hatch out of then added some yellow maribou feathers from my stash as an accent.  I thought the pattern in the red strip looks like feathers, don't you?  I  used one of Spellbinders Edgeabilities to create the bracket border strip you see peeking out from behind that little peep!   The baker's twine is Lemondrop from The Twinery.  I  tea-dyed it to get a more golden color to match the paper.

As usual, I had to find a way to include a ticket in my layout!  It worked here for the sub-title.  The delicate lace underneath was cut from one of Spellbinders new dies, Antique Frame and Accents.   The dots that go off to the left are a rub-on from my stash.  The letters are Thickers from American Crafts - love them!
 I printed the journaling on vellum that I first treated with The Perfect Crafting Pouch from ScraPerfect.  It was smear free and instantly dry so I could use it immediately. I adhered it to the page using mini glue-spots that I made using The Best Glue Ever.

They are practically invisible!  One dot in each upper corner...I can't see them, can you?

 I am happy with how it turned out and the best thing is that it came together so fast - one of the best things about working from a Page Map.  Thanks for the inspiration Becky!

Thanks for stopping by to take a closer look!

2 comments:

  1. Susie, your page is wonderful! I love the photos, the layout, the papers you chose.
    Happy Easter to you and your family
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete