Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Mother, My Friend

Mother's Day is just around the corner so I created this card for my mother:
I love the shabby, vintage look!  I sorted through my  Kaisercraft box and came up with the perfect elements.  You might be surprised to know that they are from 5 different collections!

Timeless - Background paper
Chanteuse - Flowers and quote strip along the bottom
English Rose  - Quote in the center of the card
Madam Boutique - Lovely Vintage Lady
These Days - The flourish at the center top and the frame on the top right

Some of these collections have really different colors in them, but I made the card work by selecting pieces with browns and greens.  Inking the edges with the same color of brown also pulled the elements together -  my favorite is Amaretto PowderPuff Chalking Ink from Quick Quotes

"Madame" is popped up because I always have to have a little dimension, and there are tiny pearls in the center of two flowers. I snipped them off of a Classic Pearl Flourish from Kaisercraft.

 I added a faux stitched edge using a stamp from Tim Holtz  and Timber Brown Stazon ink, then finished it off with a little ribbon from my stash!

This is actually an easel card, so I want to show you what it looks like when it is propped open:


Here is a close-up peek at the inside panel:
Oh!  I almost forgot to tell you that the inside of the card incorporates a paper from another collection!  The background paper is from the Up and Away Collection...so that is 6 different ranges on one little card!  I think that is a record for me!


Thanks for stopping by!  Susie

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love those earthy colors!

    ReplyDelete