Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Has Sprung in D.C.

Springtime in D.C.means Cherry Blossoms and creating this layout documenting our annual trek was easy with Moxxie's new Spring Has Sprung paper line. The set features a really versatile accent sheet full of great die cuts!

Details! Details!
The over-sized Jigsaw Glitter Alpha from Making Memories perfectly matched the aqua shades in the Moxxie papers.  On the first page I used one of the journaling cards from the Spring Double Sided Diecuts and tucked it behind the smaller of the pictures.  I added some dimension at the bottom with a small bird button from the same diecut sheet, inked the edges and popped it up.  Last touch was a metal bird charm from my stash.

Across the bottom of the page is a lovely border strip cut with my Spellbinders Edgebilities dies.  I paired the Classic Petal Edger with one of the decorative inserts from Classic Decorative Inserts Three.  Yum!

The second page features an element built from even more of those great diecuts.  Instead of fussy-cutting I did some fussy-coloring on this accent!  I  took out my brown marker and colored in the scroll pattern around the edge of one die cut.  I think it made a big difference in helping this piece stand out from the background,  then I popped up the "Spring Fever" quote and added the floral corner pieces on top of that!

I inked the edges of all of the die cut pieces with my very favorite distressing ink, Amaretto PowderPuff Chalking Ink from Quick Quotes.
Hope you are enjoying a Spring Fling of your own!
~ Susie

2 comments:

  1. Susie...the pages are gorgeous! You are so inspirational. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Susie! I started as a scrapbooker when I was home with my young children. Once I went back to work I found I only had time to work in 6" spreads and not 12" so I switched to cards. Thank you for your kind words about my work. By the way, my husband was in D.C. on business when the shuttle went through. He said it was pretty amazing to witness in person. I envy you both. Happy Crafting! Renee

    ReplyDelete