Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tequila!

This week at CAS-ual Fridays the challenge is to create a card inspired by a song.  I chose Tequila which was released in 1958 by The Champs and was their only hit!
Here is my card:
 Besides the fact that my favorite drink is a Margarita, I had just picked up a Jillibean Soup stamp set from Unity that was perfect for this card, consisting of the glass and the sentiment. The bottle in the background is from the Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Cling Stamp 2 set by  Hampton Arts. 

The images were stamped in black and heat embossed.  Then I used one of the new Dylusions Ink Sprays from Ranger to provide the color:  Fresh Lime.  So appropriate,right? After the image was colored I cut it with Spellbinders Labels Eight.  At this point I tried a paper piercing technique I had seen recently where you leave the paper in the die and pierce along the inside edge.  
 I created a mat in black by tracing around the outside of the die on black cardstock  then cutting it out with scissors.  I think that little bit of black really makes it pop!

Cheers!  Susie

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! Well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve this! So clever to use the lime spray to match! LOL
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete