Monday, May 21, 2012

Crops of Luv Layouts for Spellbinders

Remember I told you about the National Scrapbook Day Contest from Spellbinders
They requested layouts to be donated to them for Crops of Luv, a charity that provides scrapbooking for critically ill children and their families.  Every layout that you send to the Spellbinders office by May 25th, earns you a ticket in a drawing for a wonderful prize package.  They ask that each layout hold at least 5 pictures and a place for journaling.  They suggest that the photo mats be taped down very lightly so they can move them around to accommodate whatever pictures they receive.

Here are my contributions (with apologies for picture quality - having a problem with my camera. Yikes!):

I originally showed this as a (1) page layout, but I re-worked it into a (2) pager to include more pictures and plenty of room for journaling.  I figure they could be used for Legoland, so I made (6) of these layouts!

When I was in Disney with my kids I ended up with LOTS of pictures of them with just about every character you can imagine!  I think this layout would work for those.  There is a shaded area to the left of the title box for journaling - and Donald lifts up to reveal a flap below...for another picture or more journaling!  I was able to send in (5) of these:
Next I decided to tackle the Disney Princesses.  I made simple layouts for each of the princesses for a total of (6) layouts.  I decided not to make title blocks because the layouts would be included in an album about a Disney trip, obviously, and better to make room for big pictures!  I had fun playing with my Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Two dies to create mini-albums and special pull tags.  Here are a bunch of pictures.  You can click on any image to enlarge it:


 
The mini-albums are made to be removeable.   I usually just attach them to the top of the page protector with a velcro dot once the page is in the album.  I have also vellcro-ed them directly onto the page, then cut a hole in the page protector for easy access. 

I really enjoyed making these layouts and included several prayers for the recipients as I worked. Thanks to Terre Fry at Spellbinders for heading up this endeavor!  I shipped all (17) layouts today and the gal at UPS promised me they would get there by Friday - cross your fingers!

3 comments:

  1. OOOh! This is fabulous, Susie!!! The folks at Crop for Luv will love these :) Thanks for participating! I must get mine in the mail too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super job!! you were very productive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun Disney projects!!! Suzie, to answer your question, no there is no hidden journaling, but it would be super simple to do I think. Let me know when you get your version done, I would love to see it!! Katrina

    ReplyDelete