Monday, May 28, 2012

The Flying Circus

Brian's scout troop attended a jamboree a few years ago at that centered around flight.  It was held at The Flying Circus in Bealeton, VA.  In addition to making and launching rockets, there was also a wonderful airshow. Afterwards, Brian had a ride in a Bi-plane!
Moxxie has a new paper line called Midway Madness that features bright reds, blues and yellows and some great carnival-themed graphics.  It was perfect for this layout!  The Midway Madness Punchouts provided lots of frames and embellishments:
 And the best part is that each of the punchouts is reversible:
 For instance, I couldn't use the Carousel Horse on this layout, but when I flipped it over I found this  red, white & blue spiral design.

It added a "spectacular" touch  in the upper left!  ;)

I have to admit that my favorite embellishment is the rosette I made with the Ticket To Ride paper.
First I cut out a chipboard circle and  covered it with a thin layer of ScraPerfect's The Best Glue Ever.  You can see here that it "dries" clear.  It is really tacky and ready to use at this point - one giant homemade glue spot!
I cut off a strip of the tickets and scored it every 1/4" then acordian folded it like this:
I overlapped the ends and used a thin line of The Best Glue Ever to create this closed circle:
The next step is to gather one edge together and flatten it by gently pushing straight down.  It took me several tries to figure it out, but once you get the hang of it, it is very easy.
I flipped it over, and holding the rosette shape very firmly, I centered and adhered the glue spot.

Voila!  Ready for an element in the center. I added the clown circle element from the Midway Madness Punchouts.
I can see a lot of rosettes in my future!


Moxxie's Midway Madness is great for any kind of circus, carnival, county fair or arcade layout.  What are you going to create with it?

Thanks for stopping by on Moxxie Monday!  Susie

4 comments:

  1. Love love this page-it is amazing to me what you can do with patterned paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun page. I love how you framed the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Susie! Love the rosette!!

    ReplyDelete