Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Proper Application of Leverage

I live in a house with engineers and wannabe engineers.  They use way too much tech talk around me.  Did you know that the sport of wrestling is all about math and science?  It's true...at least that is what they tell me!  I have been wanting to do a layout about this for a long time, and Kaisercraft just gave me the perfect paper and the perfect sketch to pull it off!

The layout is based on this sketch from the Kaisercraft blog, where they have Sketch Challenges every Saturday.  You should play along.  They have great prizes to be won!
This is the #1 May Saturday Sketch :
The sketch had strips of paper and text on the left side.  I substituted some striped paper and printed the journaling on vellum,one of my favorite things to do.  I went through my collection of letter stickers to create some of the words in my journaling.  It adds a bit of fun, don't you agree?
The Vellum was treated with The Perfect Crafting Pouch from ScraPerfect before it went through the printer.  Afterwards, I removed the residue with the Perfect Cleaning Cloth before I adhered the stickers.
I could not do a layout with gears without pulling out my Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets dies.  After they were cut, embossed, and stenciled to pull out all the detail, I adhered them to chipboard and then coated them with Diamond Glaze.  They look awesome!
I am going to enter it in a color challenge over at The Play Date Cafe.  The challenge this week was to create a project using the colors Seaweed, Algae, Goldfish and Black. I cannot believe how perfectly the colors from Kaisercraft's Technologic Collection  matches their challenge!

~ Susie

4 comments:

  1. looks awesome! love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie! Thanks for stopping by my blog twice and leaving such lovely comments :) I love the way you have done the journaling and the story is fantastic to have recorded. The cogs definately look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love that you made a LO using this color story! FAB design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page, love the wheels, great effect!

    ReplyDelete