Monday, June 25, 2012

Bling it up!

I had a great weekend full of scrapping, shopping and friends.  The Great American Scrapbook Convention was in Chantilly, VA and I enjoyed every minute.  One of my favorite stops was the Want2Scrap booth.  I spent some time chatting with Michele Parrish, the owner, and I have to say I think I have found a new friend!

The Want2Scrap booth was loaded with exactly what I was looking for:  Inspiration! 

I had been working on my daughter's Confirmation layout, using products from Moxxie's Faith line.  I had gotten to this point and was happy,but not thrilled.  I definitely needed to add something...
While browsing through Michele's booth I found this lovely long pearl flourish and I immediately knew exactly where it belonged!

I laid it across the bottom of my layout, behind the Spellbinders die cut cross.  Perfect! 
You can see I also changed out the blue flower on the cross for a large pearl brad.


Next I added a larger flourish on the left side of the layout, tucking it under one of Moxxie's Cardstock Punchouts.


I actually trimmed off the bottom of that flourish and placed it on the right side of the layout, again peeking out from underneath a cardstock embellishment.

Here's the finished layout:.


The pearl flourishes from Want2Scrap were the perfect finishing touch!

I do have one more thing to share. Come back next week and see how I made this lovely hidden tag!

Thanks for stopping by on Moxxie Monday.  I hope you found some inspiration!  Susie

2 comments: