Friday, July 20, 2012

"Explore"-ing Spellbinders Nested Lacey Pennants

Last Friday I shared a canvas "tag" I made using Spellbinders Nested Lacey Pennants, which I used to decorate a potted plant I was gifting to a friend.  Here's another one I made and turned into a little bit of inspirational home decor!

Here's a closer look:
The base is canvas, actually muslin with a coat of gesso.  While it was still in the die, I sprayed it with Lucky Shamrock Green from Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays.  I love using Spellbinders dies as a mask!  The next step was to stamp the background with the Birds 'n' Trees stamp from Sizzix, using Peeled Paint Distress Ink from Ranger.  The figures and the postage stamp frame were stamped with Gathered Twigs from Rangerand then heat embossed. The metal "Explore" piece is from Karen Foster Designs and was attached with Peapod baker's twine from The Twinery.  The postage stamp came off a Christmas card and the beads were in my stash.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you comeback next Friday to see another installment of my Lacey Pennant tags!

Susie :)



2 comments: