Friday, July 27, 2012

You're a Star Pennant

I've been playing with my Nested Lacey Pennants from Spellbinders again and this one may be my favorite so far!

The details are simple.  The base is canvas, or muslin with a coat of gesso.  While the pennant was still in the die, I sprayed it with Twilight Glimmer Mist.  I always love the moment when I take the pennant out of the die because I still have that nice crisp white edge!

Confession time: The first time I stamped the face image I didn't like the way it turned out.  So I just re-created the pennant, re-stamped the image while it was still in the die and cut it out. I used The Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect to adhere it over the original image.  It worked like a charm and it gave me a little dimension and the perfect place for my Yellow Star Trinket Pin from Maya Road!

I used a stencil from Crafter's Workshop to add the words and the stars in yellow.  This was my first experience playing with PanPastels, and I have to say it was easy and fun.  I am looking forward to trying some blending!

A couple of Tim Holtz star stamps in Azure Stazon to balance the image, a mini brad from Recollections and I call it done!  I am not sure how I am going to use this pennant.  I was thinking about sewing it onto a pillow, but I think it may be just as happy hanging in my craft area!


Thanks for stopping by - hope you found some inspiration!  Susie

1 comment: