Friday, August 3, 2012

A Very Merry Unbirthday Blog Hop!

  • Welcome to the first Moxxie Blog Hop!  
  • Join the Moxxie Muses the first Friday of every month to be 
  • inspired and your chance to win a complete collection 
  • of the line we are featuring!

Starting off our series of Blog Hops is the 
Super Duper Fun

Very Merry Unbirthday!


I absolutely loved working with this collection -  everything came together so easily!  I hope you had a chance to see the cards I previewed this week.  I am not usually a card person, but I am very happy with how they turned out!  For today's Blog Hop, I decided to share a layout.

My mother celebrated her 86th birthday on August 1st and I snapped a picture of her with my daughter that turned out to be perfect.
I created this ribbon-like embellishment using the Very Merry Unbirthday Die Cuts and Party Time paper.  I added  Want2Scrap Nestabling to the focal image and pen-stitching on the faux ribbons.  

One of the cool things about the Die Cuts is that they are double sided.  One side may have words or images you want to use, and the other side has coordinating prints!  
This oval cake and scalloped frame pop right out of the perforated Die Cut Sheet.  I did add chipboard behind the oval, inked the edges and did a little more pen-stitching.
The ticket is from the Die Cut Sheet and got some edge-work before I adhered it to the page.  The buttons are from Wal-Mart and the 1/8" ribbon is from Offray.



How would you like to win this entire collection?

All you have to do to be entered to win this awesome prize
 is become a follower of each of the Moxxie Muse's blogs, 
 leave a comment saying so or that you already are a
 follower.  That's it...super easy!


Earn an extra entry by liking the Moxxie Facebook Page!
Just leave a comment there too and double your chances of 
winning!

Comment deadline for the prize will be Monday 8/6 midnight CST.  The winner will be announced Tuesday on the Moxxie blog.


25 comments:

  1. Love the colors of this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page! I love the ribbon embellishment! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rosette with the warbly striped paper is fantastic! What a fun look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie, your Mom is so cute!!! And I love your page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your birthday ribbon. What a great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page turned out great!! The photos are just precious and go perfect with this collection

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the layout and your big smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layout, I love how your Mom's outfit goes so well with the papers and also love the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful. Love the medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following! Great details on your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool layout! New follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great photos... the colors and design of the layout show them off to perfection. I'm a new follower thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fantastic page! I love the photos and your design is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! Love the pen stitching and the big ribbon so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super layout. I really love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love the rosette you made! Awesome! I am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just adore this layout..such great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love everything about this page. It shows the line go perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great! Another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful layout! love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am now a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm following now - great job!

    ReplyDelete