Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Takedown? You Betcha!

So you probably realize by now that my sons are wrestlers.  It is a very exciting sport and I am a huge fan.  I am also a Moxxie Muse, and they happen to have some wonderful wrestling themed papers and embellishments.  I went on a tear recently and cranked out some layouts.  This is one of my favorites:
During this past wrestling season, I happened to be at the right place to snap this series of photos of my son throwing his opponent.  Great,right?  Unbelievably, he did not get 2 points for a takedown (although we checked the rule book later and he definitely deserved them).  It was a home meet. It ended up costing him this match. Not a good memory.  But I have these great pictures so I had to scrapbook it!  LOL!  No worries.  He beat him later in the season on his way to winning the District Title. 

Speaking of titles, I had fun creating this title with a mix of stamps, letters, and a Moxxie rub-on.  The paper on the left side of this layout is called Winning Moves, and the stickers are from the Born to Wrestle line.  The really cool washi tapes are from My Mind's Eye and Freckled Fawn.

I am featured over on the Moxxie blog today with a different layout where I used gesso on the photo.  Pop over and check it out!

Thanks for stopping by!  Susie

2 comments:

  1. OOooo, great page! What a great way to record your son's wrestling season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout!! That is pretty cool your sons are wrestlers!!!

    ReplyDelete