Friday, September 7, 2012

September Muse-A-Palooza!!

It's time for another Moxxie Blog Hop! Join the Moxxie Muses the first Friday of every month to be inspired and for the chance to win a complete collection of the featured line! We're continuing our blog hop series with the Road to Recovery collection.


In July Moxxie released the Road To Recovery collection, an elegant and poignant line designed for people fighting long-term illnesses. Moxxie thought it was time to create a beautiful line that focused on healing, but also encouraged the writer to be honest about what they were really going through. The designs of this collection are versatile and can not only help a patient document their recovery, but it can also be used for get well, thinking of you, and sympathy cards, as well as to create layouts on just about any topic.

To be entered to win this awesome prize, leave a comment on each blog on the hop. Earn
an extra entry by liking the Moxxie Facebook Page! Leave a comment there to double your chance of winning! Open to US residents only. International customers are welcome to play along if they agree to pay shipping if they win the prize.

Okay!  I have a great layout using this line that I am excited to share with you!  The background is a sheet of gray paper with ribbons scattered across it called  Awareness.  Check it out!
 Did you know that today, September7th, has been designated Wear Teal Day?  Yep!  Wear Teal to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer.  I have a family member battling this disease, so I went all in and even dyed locks of my hair "Twisted Teal".   My daughter is not quite ready to commit to changing her hair color, but she is happy to wear a teal t-shirt.  (My baby is a High School Freshman!)

The title block is a mix of dimensional fonts, washi tape, stamped images and a journaling block from the Road to Recovery Die Cuts.


I created the V-shaped split down the page using border strips from the same Die Cut sheet, then added a long swatch of Perseverance paper.  It leads your eye to the bottom of the page where I created a flower embellishment from (4) of the circles from, yes you guessed it, the same Die Cut sheet!
The vintage lady is holding an old-time hair curler, in case you were wondering.  She is from The Graphics Fairy and I printed her on a transparency.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to Wear Teal today!  You are going to enjoy all the different ways the Moxxie Muses have come up with to use this fabulous collection.  Enjoy!

Ready, Set, Hop!

Comment deadline for the prize is Monday 9/10 midnight CST and we'll announce the winner Tuesday on the Moxxie blog. Thanks so much for hopping with us!

22 comments:

  1. Love the teal,love the layout, love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teal layout and the hair is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning. All of it! Thanks for sharing it, and I will be wearing teal today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the name of the line and the colors fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout!! I really like the v-shaped split that you created on the page!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! There are so many great details to this layout! I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous page! I wore teal yesterday too!!! Thanks for sharing the information about supporting ovarian cancer and raising awareness. Hugs and prayers for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's why I had this incredible urge to wear teal....Your page was AMAZING! I love all the textures and elements and I cannot wait to start scrapping! Thank you for doing all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hair curler and the color teal, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pages. I also love that you died your hair teal. I thought you had tinted your photo. But you WERE all in. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the teal! Your hair looks amazing. What an amazing idea to print the vintage lady on a transparency!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this page and love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just the most wonderful layout and love, love, love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous page Susie! I just love eveything about it. Your page design really catches the eye. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic LO using this paper collection. Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Layout especially the flower!

    ReplyDelete