Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spectacular Spin Tutorial

I found this card on Splitcoast Stampers years ago and it has become my #1 "go to" card.  The embellishment is cut by one of Spellbinders' Cut Tuck Fold Dies, Spectacular Spin.  It really has a lot of visual impact... but it is soooo easy!

Here's a little tutorial:  First I cut and embossed some double-sided paper. I chose papers from Moxxie's Forever Family collection.  The paper on the card is orange and yellow.  The paper in my sample is orange and darker orange!  No need to recalibrate the monitor!

One of the  best thing about Spellbinders dies is that they cut,emboss, and stencil.  Here I used some Distress Ink on all of the openings in the die.  When I popped it out...Voila!

The next step is to lift and fold each of the arrow-shaped flaps.

...I like to do them all at once...
...and when you tuck them in place the piece looks like this:
I also popped up the little circle of "petals" in the center.  This embellishment is going to hang over some "open" space on the card, so I need to make sure the beautiful details were not lost.  Easy fix!  I just cut out another shape in dark brown.

On this one, I did not lift the slits. Instead, I added a few tiny drops of the Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect...
...then layered them together!  Embellish with a pearl brad and you are done!

 Really complicated, right?  Oh man, I love how Spellbinders makes me look good!

The card itself is made by folding a piece of 8.5" x 11" piece of paper. If you would like to learn how to fold the card, and check out some other embellishment options, check out my tutorial over at Moxxie today.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful project and a great tutorial, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED this die! Thanks for the tutorial and the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete