Friday, October 5, 2012

October Muse-A-Palooza!

Hi Everyone,

Are you ready for the October Moxxie Blog Hop?  Join us the first Friday of every month where we will feature a new collection.  This month is just way too much fun with the all new All Hallow's Eve collection.   I think you are going to fall in love with this collection. The collection is just perfect for all your Halloween projects!  The Moxxie Muses have some wonderful inspiration for you today!


Last year, in early September, I took my daughter to see the show Wicked.  It was so much fun! We made quite an event out of it - my daughter even dressed up to watch the show.  She got lots of comments from the cast and other theater-goers regarding her wicked-witch style tights! Naturally, she decided to use that outfit for her Halloween costume, replacing her high heels for a pair of red Converse sneakers.  She wanted  her ruby slippers to be comfortable - much better for trick or treating!  
I found the papers from Moxxie's All Hallow's Eve were perfect for this:
I worked a little magic of my own on this layout! I knew I wanted the title to be big
I pulled these foam Heidi Swapp letters out of my stash and loved the proportions, but the turquoise and fuschia really were not working...
...so I traced each of the letters onto different papers from the All Hallow's Eve collection, cut them out, added some glue and - Presto Chango!  We have a perfectly coordinated title!
I also decided my daughter deserved an award for her darling outfit, so I created a prize ribbon for the "Best Costume" using elements from the All Hallow's Eve Diecuts and the Haunted Mansion paper - I love those creepy little silhouettes!!  I used a stamp from my stash to create the verbage.


 Do you want to win this entire collection? 
Here is what you need to do!  It is very simple and very easy!

Leave a comment on each and every blog in the hop- Be sure to leave a comment on the Moxxie Blog as well.  That is it! If you would like an extra chance "LIKE" the Moxxie Facebook Page.  Comment deadline for the prize is Tuesday 10/9 midnight CST. Open to US residents only. International customers are welcome to play along if they agree to pay shipping in the event of their win. We'll announce the winner Wednesday on the Moxxie blog. Thanks so much for hopping with us! That is it!  Good Luck!!

So Let's Get Ready and Start Hopping!

I hope you have a lot of  fun along the way!  See you next month!

Susie

23 comments:

  1. What a wonderful memory for both of you. Love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! Love how you did that title!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page Susie! I love the facelift you gave the letters and your "Best Costume" award ribbon is so cute. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to mix up that title. Love it. Plus her socks with the red tennies ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little pennants you made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a "wicked" awesome LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This "Wicked" layout is gonna be so "Popular", it will definatly "Defy Gravity!" When I use it, "I will be changed for the better."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! We spend all this time with die cutters and fancy machines, and I forget about basic trace and cut. The papers look terrific as a font! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What? You don't want turquoise and fuchsia on a Halloween layout? lol Love your layout!! Your titled turned out fab and I love the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your title, good idea. Love those papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable!!! I love how you did the title and am soooo loving the tights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the magical layout and adorable daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the layout! My favorite part is the "Wicked"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You done great on the layout. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your layout. I love how you changed the paper on the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This turned out so fabulous! I too love how you made your titlework coordinate with the Moxxie papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous and amazing title work!

    ReplyDelete