Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Sweet Layout with Moxxie

One of Mary Claire's favorite Brownie activities was always the Annual Father/Daughter Dance.  I dug this picture out the other day and immediately reached for the XOXO Collection from Moxxie.   The dance was always held in February and the tattoo-like art work in the upper corner features a heart.  Perfect!
I really liked the details of this paper so I used my kraft knife to fussy cut around the design, lifting it so that it overlapped the photo.  Next I  added swirly black bling from Want2Scrap, echoing the black flourishes on the paper.  I love, love, love the bling!  I was very generously gifted a selection by Michele Parrish at GASC in  June and it is just wonderful!

 The XO Rub-ons give you a choice of sentiments and  I chose "sweet" to place on the banner.

Mary Claire's head band reminded me of a stamp I have by Dyan Reaveley which I thought was the perfect sentiment for my spunky daughter! 


I stamped it on a sheet of the Kisses paper, trimmed it out and arranged the strips to the right of the photo.  You can see the rose stickers underneath were popped up and embellished with some more Want2Scrap bling!


I decided to mimic the strip journaling style for the rest of the text on the page.   I found a similar font and  printed directly on the paper with my ink jet printer and then used a black pen to draw in the boxes.
Finally, I added a few pieces of washi tape for fun and Voila!  A sweet memory for my husband & daughter!

Thanks for stopping by - Susie

1 comment: